Chicken Noodle Soup...A Crock Pot Dish
By December 18, 2011
1) 5 cups low sodium chicken broth (keep 1 more cup for later, 6 cups in all)
2) 3 bouillon cubes
3) 1 cup diced celery
4) 1 cup peeled and sliced in round circles, carrots
5) 1 clove garlic, minced
6) 1 onion, chopped fine
7) 1/4 cup chopped fine, fresh parsley
8) 8 oz pre-cooked chicken, I use white meat ( this is about 1 cup )
9) 5 oz spaghetti noodles broken into small pieces
1) Place all ingredients into crock pot except noodles. Cover and cook on
low for about 3 hours or until the carrots are about done. (Fork tender)
At 3 hour mark, toss in the noodles and cook 2 hours more. *NOTE:
When done the soup will be very thick from the starch from the noodles.
Add 1 more cup of broth at this time, more if you prefere souper soup.
If you cook the noodles seperately, you won't need to add extra broth
or cook an additional 2 hours. Your choice.