Chocolate Turtles ( a crock pot recipe)
By December 17, 2011
1) 8oz. Bakers unsweetened chocolate
2) 1/2 cup brown rice syrup ( found in any health food store)
3) 1/2 cup honey
4) 2 cups roasted peanuts ( peanuts have 0 carbs but any nut will do)
5) 1 Tbsp. lite, heart healthy oil
1) prepare pan. A large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
2) Turn slow cooker on high and unwrap chocolate and place in bottom of
slow cooker. Pour everything else on top, cover and allow to cook for
30 min. Or until chocolate is throughly melted.* Remember this chocolate
holds it's shape even when melted, you have to take a wooden spoon
and stir to see if melted. If not cover and cook a little while longer.
3) When all is melted mix together throughly. Turn off crock pot and with a
teaspoon drop by spoonful onto parchment paper. It actually makes 50
pieces, 2 each is a serving. Put in 'Fridge for a minimum of 3 hours, over-
night is better. Store in 1 quart size ziploc bag for up to i month in fridge.