I love broccoli, can't wait to try this soup. Thanks.
Broccoli chedder soup (a crock pot recipe)
By December 17, 2011 1
1) 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2) 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3) 4 cups chicken broth, low fat, low sodium
4) 1 lb. frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped and drained
5) 4 cups shredded chedder cheese
6) 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, minced
7) salt and pepper to taste
8) pan spray
1) In frying pan heat oil not so it smokes, just heated throughly. Slowly whisk
in flour keeping th flour/oil mixture makes a nice paste and starts to bubbles.
2) Meanwhile slowly add in broth while whisking to keep smooth. When
all the chicken broth is in remove from heat.
3) Pour mixture in perpared crock pot (with pan spray) pour mixture in. Add
broccoli and garlic. *It suggests you use frozen broccoli as fresh broccolli
doesn't hold up as well in crock pot. But feel free to try fresh if you choose
4) cover and cook 4 to 6 hours then add cheese 1 cup at a time stirring
throughly and until melted & until all 4 cups are in. Stir in salt and pepper