Teriyaki Chicken Drum Sticks
By December 17, 2011
1) 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
2) 2 Tbls. Brown Sugar (I use the artificial kind by sweet and low)
3) 1 clove garlic, minced
4) 1/2" piece of freah ginger, peeled and chopped finely
5) 1 1/2 tea. cornstarch
6) 8 chicken legs about 2 lbs.
6) 8 chicken drumsticks ( about 2 lbs.)
7) salt and pepper to taste
1) Combine soysauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and cornstarch into small
saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp. warm water, mix well. While stirring, bring to boil
over high heat. Stir constantly until thickened, about 2 min. Drain and
discard solids, keep the sauce
2) Preheat broiler and place pan about 8" from flame. On large baking pan
cover with foil, pan spray the foil. Line drumstick snuggly on baking pan.
Pour sauce over chicken several times to insure all is well coated. Broil
until brown, about 30 min. and juices run clear.
*Note: Makes great snacks and can easlily be doubled or tripled…